RULES AND PROCEDURES
UNTF Professional Development Travel Fund
- Because MSU provides limited travel reimbursement for fixed term faculty, the UNTF Executive Board has established a fund to help some members with these expenses. This policy sets out the terms of that fund.
- Fixed term teaching faculty at MSU may request funding for travel expenses related to professional development incurred during the 2017/2018 Academic Year (fall 2017 or spring 2018 or summer 2018 semesters). In order to be eligible, the following conditions must be met:
- The applicant must have an appointment that is covered by the MSU/ UNTF contract
- The applicant must be a full member of UNTF
- The conference or workshop must be related to their field and require an overnight stay
- The applicant must be presenting material at the conference or workshop, or must be able to demonstrate why this event will assist in their professional development
- An applicant may submit for no more than two conferences or workshops which take place during the 2017/2018 academic year
- Each conference or workshop must be on a separate form
- Members must submit their request for reimbursement via e mail on a form developed by UNTF. Applicants must document registration and, if presenting, include a link to a website or conference program or present other documentation showing her/his presentation.
- The amount approved members will receive is $200 per conferences or workshop.
- The Executive Board has set $6,000 as the maximum funding for the 2017/2018 academic year. Applications will be reviewed on October 31, 2017. If the number of valid applications received as of that date exceeds the funds that are available, a lottery among valid applicants who did not receive funding in spring 2017 will determine which applicants receive funding. If a lottery is necessary and a member has submitted two applications, only the first application will be considered in the lottery.If funds are still available after October 31, 2017 valid applications will be approved on a first received first granted basis. No applications will be considered after May 15, 2018.
- The UNTF reserves the right to amend or end this fund at any time.