UNTF Professional Development Travel Fund
- Because MSU provides limited travel reimbursement for fixed term faculty, the UNTF Executive Board has established a fund to help some members with these expenses. This policy sets out the terms of that fund.
- Fixed term teaching faculty at MSU may request funding for travel expenses related to professional development incurred during spring or summer 2017 semesters. In order to be eligible, the following conditions must be met:
- The applicant must have an appointment that is covered by the MSU/ UNTF contract during spring semester 2017.
- The applicant must be a full member of UNTF => Dues Deduction Form- PDF
- The conference or workshop must be related to their field and require an overnight stay
- The applicant must be presenting material at the conference or workshop, or must be able to demonstrate why this event will assist in their professional development
- An applicant may only submit for one conference or workshop
- Members must submit their request for reimbursement via e mail on a form developed by UNTF. Applicants must document registration and, if presenting, include a link to a website or conference program or present other documentation showing her/his presentation.
- The amount approved members will receive is $200.
- The Executive Board has set $4,000 as the maximum funding for fall 2016 semester. Applications will be reviewed on February 28, 2017. If the number of valid applications received exceeds the funds that are available, a lottery among valid applicants who did not receive funding in fall 2016 will determine which applicants receive funding. If funds are still available after February 28, 2017, valid applications will be approved on a first received first granted basis. No applications will be considered after May 15, 2017.
- The UNTF reserves the right to amend or end this fund at any time.