RULES AND PROCEDURES
UNTF Conference Expense Fund
- Because MSU provides limited travel reimbursement for fixed term faculty, the UNTF Executive Board has established a fund to help some members with these expenses. This policy sets out the terms of that fund.
- Fixed term teaching faculty at MSU may request funding for travel expenses related to professional development incurred during the 2019/2020 Academic Year (fall 2019 or spring 2020 or summer 2020 semesters). In order to be eligible, the following conditions must be met:
- The applicant must have an appointment that is covered by the MSU/ UNTF contract
- The applicant must be a full member of UNTF
- The conference or workshop must be related to their field
- The applicant must be presenting material at the conference or workshop, or must be able to demonstrate why this event will assist in their professional development
- An applicant may submit for no more than two conferences or workshops which take place during the 2019/2020 academic year
- Each conference or workshop must be on a separate form
- Members must submit their request for reimbursement via e mail on a form developed by UNTF. Applicants must document registration and, if presenting, include a link to a website or conference program or present other documentation showing her/his presentation.
- The maximum amount approved members will receive is $200 per conferences or workshop. If approved, members who attend an out-of-town conference requiring an overnight stay will receive $200. Members who attend a local conference that does not require an overnight stay, will receive an amount covering conference registration, membership, or other conference related costs up to $200.
- The Executive Board has set $6,000 as the maximum funding for the 2019/2020 academic year. Applications will be reviewed on October 31, 2019. If the number of valid applications received as of that date exceeds the funds that are available, a lottery among valid applicants who did not receive funding in spring 2019 will determine which applicants receive funding. If a lottery is necessary and a member has submitted two applications, only the first application will be considered in the lottery.If funds are still available after October 31, 2019 valid applications will be approved on a first received first granted basis. No applications will be considered after May 15, 2020.
- The UNTF reserves the right to amend or end this fund at any time.