In the summer of 2020 in the wake of COVID-19, our executive board, by unanimous vote, provided 48 members with a one-time $200 professional development reimbursement.
Now UNTF awards members up to $200 each semester to support professional development. Applications are reviewed in mid-August, December, and May of each year. You may apply via the Google Form linked below at any time. Funds will be distributed as they are available.
UNTF Conference Expense Fund
Because MSU provides limited travel reimbursements for fixed term faculty, the UNTF Executive Board has established a fund to help some members with these expenses. This policy sets out the terms of that fund.
Fixed term teaching faculty at MSU may request funding for travel expenses related to professional development incurred during the academic year. In order to be eligible, the following conditions must be met:
- The applicant must have an appointment that is covered by the MSU/ UNTF contract
- The applicant must be a full member of UNTF
- The conference or workshop must be related to their field
- The applicant must be presenting material at the conference or workshop, or must be able to demonstrate why this event will assist in their professional development
- An applicant may submit for no more than two conferences or workshops which take place during the 2019/2020 academic year
- Each conference or workshop must be on a separate form
- Members must submit their request for reimbursement via e mail on a form developed by UNTF. Applicants must document registration and, if presenting, include a link to a website or conference program or present other documentation showing her/his presentation.
- The maximum amount approved members will receive is $200 per conferences or workshop. If approved, members who attend an out-of-town conference requiring an overnight stay will receive $200. Members who attend a local conference that does not require an overnight stay, will receive an amount covering conference registration, membership, or other conference related costs up to $200.
- The Executive Board has set $6,000 as the maximum funding for the academic year. Applications will be reviewed on October 31 of each year. If the number of valid applications received as of that date exceeds the funds that are available, a lottery among valid applicants who did not receive funding in spring will determine which applicants receive funding. If a lottery is necessary and a member has submitted two applications, only the first application will be considered in the lottery. If funds are still available after October 31, valid applications will be approved on a first received first granted basis. No applications will be considered after May 15.
- The UNTF reserves the right to amend or end this fund at any time.